UPDATE on August 3, 2022: HPOA President Bob Schussel shares his photos below with the note: ” Thank you Social Committee (Jen Pollard, Tiger Adolf, Pati Iovanni & Renee Go) for a great National Night Out in Hiddenbrooke.”
Every summer, Hiddenbrooke throws a big, outdoor party. It is our neighborhood’s biggest resident gathering of the year…. if you don’t count the annual Fall Yard Sale which attracts mostly non-residents. The summer party is timed to align with National Night Out which the Vallejo Police Department’s website defines as follows: National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer and more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
This year’s Hiddenbrooke National Night Out celebration is hosted by the Hiddenbrooke Property Owners Association (HPOA) Social Committee. It will be held on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, starting at 6:00 pm at Hiddenbrooke Park on 7108 Alder Creek Road (in the back of our community). Jen Pollard, Chair of the Social Committee, says TJ Taco Jalisco will be at the park with food and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase. There will be music and games for kids of all ages. “We also expect to have visitors from City Police and Fire Departments. We hope to have a big red Fire Engine to show the kids.” The Social Committee is requesting everyone to RSVP at http://evite.me/zQZpKptMqA to help with planning.
Activities for National Night Out
- HPOA President Bob Schussel tells us that Members of the Board of Directors will be present to meet people and answer general questions.
- Representatives of all standing committees (HARC, HID, HMD) will be present for questions/discussion. Learn more about the standing committees at www.hiddenbrookeonline.org.
- Neighborhood Watch representative Kevin Elliot will be present for education and discussion.
- Ray Galindo will be on hand to give a Bocce ball lesson for those wishing to learn.
Things to know before you go:
- You may bring your own food and/or beverages, but don’t bring alcohol on city property during this event. Check the list before you pack for National Night Out at: https://www.gvrd.org/prohibited-in-park
If you have questions, you can contact Jen Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the HPOA: The Hiddenbrooke Property Owners Association, Inc. (HPOA) is a mandatory association of Hiddenbrooke Community property owners in Vallejo, Ca. The organization was formed in November 2005 by a majority vote of 1,200+ Hiddenbrooke property owners based upon covenants, conditions, and restrictions (commonly called CC&Rs) recorded by the Master Developer. HPOA is a California non-profit mutual benefit corporation and operates under California Corporate Law. Unlike many homeowner’s associations, HPOA does not own any common area property. Learn more at www.hiddenbrookeonline.org.